FLUGHAFEN-ANLIEGER HAMBURG E.V.
airport - always happy landing or never happy
Hamburg airport Fuhlsbüttel is one of the most problematic airports
of the world. It causes a lot of problems for more than 400.000 people in
Hamburg and around the town. And it is not very comfortable for passengers
- As a passenger, you might
expect, the innercity airport hamburg should be good accessable like
other airports. But unfortunately, hamburg airport is not!
- Unlike to all other greater airports, there is
no railway station. An urban
railway had been planned, but has not been built.
So, taking the train is impossible!
- Hamburg airport lies mid in the housing areas, but it is 6 miles
away from the central city. And driving time is unpredictable, not
only during the rush hours.
- You may use the bus from and to hamburg airport. Looking
at the time tables, you might expect a driving time of 25 to 35 min.
But with respect to the enormous traffic problems, you might have to
calculate more than 1 hour for transfer. Sometimes you will need
more time from hamburg airport to hamburg city by bus than from
hannover to hamburg by train. So, bussing
- Driving by car is a great risk. You will hardly find a
parking place. And if you use a parking place in the housing areas
around, your car might stand not very long there. These areas are
restricted and your car may be confiscated earlier than you expect.
So, better do not use a car!
- Using the bicycle you could avoid some traffic problems.
But there is no cycle station at the airportSo,
you might have seen your bike at the airport for the last time in
- So, dear traveller, take a backpack and use
your own feet! It´s only two to three hours hard
walking from the airport to the city. And the time is predictable.
Happy hiking to hamburg airport!
- Or - take
the train or ferry to hamburg - it´s faster and more
- Landing and departing at hamburg airport is quite
- More than 60 percent of the approaches go over the housing areas
of Hamburg-Langenhorn. The aircraft you might sit in, will be less
than 100 feet away from the roofs of the houses. One
mistake of the pilot, and you should indeed have had a good life
- There is no safety analysis
for hamburg airport. Can you guess the reason?
- There is no emergency runway near
to the airport. Nearly any emergency landing will cause a crash
against massive house walls. Needless to say anything about the
chances of survival!
- The main part of airport control is now located in bremen and not
in hamburg. So, you´ll be guided by a quite
far away remote control.
- Landing and departing at hamburg airport causes a
lot of problems for the inhabitants of hamburg and vicinity,
- Hamburg airport is one of the loudest of the world. Since the
airport had been built in between of the housing areas, and there is
no free area in front of or behind the runways, all the aircraft
noise pollutes the housing areas.
- The noise level in the hamburg housing areas goes up to
more than 108 dB(A) during landing.
- The start noise impact on housing areas goes up to
more than 99 dB(A) during starts .
- Hamburg airport is a plague to the kids. Unlike other innercity
airports, hamburg airport has a lot of night flights disturbing the
children´s sleep during their night time after 7 p.m. One
single day means over 100 thundering noise attacks against the
children´s right on healthy sleeping.
- Noise protection level by hamburg airport is extremely low. To
reach the noise protection level of munich, hamburg airport would
have to spend mor than 4 Billion $! Yet less than 1 percent of the
necessary noise protection has been done by the airport.
- So - take the train or ferry to
hamburg - it´s faster and more convenient!
- These are the best ways to travel to hamburg:
- Take the fast and convenient trains of
DB - the german railroad, f. ex.
the world famous ICE (up to 175 mph) from most german and
some european cities or the superb luxus train
Cologne-Duesseldorf-Essen-Hamburg. A train like champaign.
- Take the beautiful trip by DFDS
Seaways ferries (London)-Harwich-Hamburg. Much better
than any plane - and you will arrive just in the heart of Hamburg.
But best of all: The beautiful sights when you sail upstream the
Elbe river. And the unforgettable views of the city of hamburg when
you arrive at hamburg harbour - unique in the world.
- From Scandinavia you may access Hamburg by TT
Line via Lübeck, by Stena-Line
or Color Line via
Kiel. This gives you a pleasant journey with beautiful views and top
Happy landing in hamburg?
Seems to be impossible by aircraft!